#oneword2018 or two

I have tried for the past 2 years to come up with my #oneword. No go… I could never decide on one. Then I would. Then it would change. Then I had two. Then I decided on one. Then it changed. It was stressing me out and I let it go without deciding on any.

I am a different than I was 2 years ago. I got my word now. Actually I have 2 words and a playlist. I’m ok with it because I’m not afraid of doing something wrong. I am not afraid of not picking the absolute best word. I am not afraid because I am comfortable in my own skin and therefore I can take risks and put myself out there not worrying about what others think.

I had decided on TRIBE as my #oneword2018. 2017 was a rough year. I had a hip replacement, at age 38, the first week of June. Then 2 days later I fell during physical therapy and broke my femur. Non-weight-bearing for 8 weeks… My TRIBE got me through it. It was because of them I was able to come home from the rehab hospital early. They arranged for a meal to be dropped off at my house everyday for 2 months. They came and hung out with me. They brought parties to me. They planted flowers in my front flower beds. They went grocery shopping for me. They did laundry for me. It was humbling to say the least. Then one of my best tribe members passed away from breast cancer at age 40. Our tribe is what got us all through it and continues to get us over the bumps! Then one of our teachers went out for shoulder surgery and we couldn’t get a regular substitute teacher. I stepped in for the kids. I taught 8th grade math while performing my coaching duties. Neither of which have a short to-do list. Whaaaaa?!?! I couldn’t do both jobs well on my own but with the help of my school tribe I was proud of the work I was able to do. They stepped up, helped with conferences, entered grades, lead PD, met with me on their own time because I couldn’t meet during the day. So hands down TRIBE was my #oneword2018.

But in true form, I started to question it.I started thinking life was too short. Too short for hip replacements. Too short for breast breast cancer. Too short for obstacles. Too short for excuses. Too short for anything that is not the best for me when I say it is. My own terms. I was going to SLAY life. In honor of my tribe and in memory of my best friend. SLAY is my #secondword2018

I’d be a fool to think I could SLAY life without my TRIBE. So I’m picking2 words for 2018, I’m going rogue and I can’t wait! (Also read about creating a playlist for your #oneword… I think I call it my SLAYlist!)

2018… I’m gonna SLAY surrounded by my TRIBE!

What’s your #oneword2018 or two? Click here to start exploring!